Immediate Dentures after Tooth Extractions in Fairfax VA
An immediate denture may be the best solution when complete extractions of your remaining teeth is unavoidable.
What is an immediate denture?
- An immediate denture will allow you to avoid the embarrassment of living without teeth. We will begin the preparation for this procedure before your teeth are extracted
- The first step is taking impressions of your existing teeth and gums to create accurate duplicates for placement after tooth removal.
- At your extraction appointment, your immediate dentures are inserted creating a natural smile you can be proud of.
What you should know about immediate dentures:
In most cases, we have no way of checking the fit of the denture in your mouth prior to extraction. Esthetic compromises may have to be made is some cases to compensate for inadequate space or structural concerns.
Dr. Charlson and Sunnie Choi and the team at Premier Smiles can give you the smile you dream of!Please call our Fairfax Office to schedule your consultation
Great care should be taken to follow all postoperative instructions.Your gums and bone will recede after extraction, and regular check-ups and maintenance will monitor healing and reduce problems. Temporary linings or tissue conditioners will be required to create an optimal fit and may need to be adjusted or replaced a number of times during the healing period. A permanent reline will be required to ensure a comfortable and an exact fit after you have completed the healing process.
- The professionals at Premier Smiles will advise you of the procedure that best suits your individual needs.
- Temporary liners, tissue conditioner and relines are additional services that may have separate fees.
- Consult our practice with questions about the benefits of an immediate denture .
- Call today for a no cost Denture Consultation
Find Us Online