Full Mouth Reconstruction in Fairfax VA
What is a Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction refers to the process of completely restoring all of the teeth in your mouth. Full mouth reconstruction, unlike a “smile makeover,” is a necessary series of procedures, rather than an elective surgery.
Who is a Good Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
- Teeth have been lost
- Teeth have been injured or fractured
- Teeth have become worn as a result of acid-erosion
- Jaw pain is present due to bite problems
Ready to Restore Your Smile Completely? Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Procedures Involved in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Every patient’s needs are different and, therefore, require different procedures. Usually, full mouth reconstruction requires multiple office visits and some amount of healing time. Dr. Grant will determine which procedure or combination of procedures is necessary to restore and rebuild your perfect smile. Dr. Grant will also refer you to other dental specialists if needed.
Some Options Include:
- Teeth Cleaning
- Crown lengthening to prepare tooth structure for possible crowns or bridges
- Surgery to reposition the jaw (orthognathic surgery)
- Contouring of the gum tissue
- Reduction of natural tooth structure to prepare for crowns, bridges, and veneers
- Placement of temporary restorations to get you used to your new teeth or bite adjustment
- Placement of permanent restorations such as crowns, veneers, Inlays and Onlays, or bridges
- Braces to move teeth into the ideal position for reconstruction
- Bone or soft tissue grafting to increase the stability of your teeth or implants